Wednesday 12 January 2011

New Year New Pledge

As people may know, Mr Reasonable takes a very keen interest in how Barnet Council spends its (residents') money. With the new Council Pledgebank I thought I should try and be constructive. I have therefore submitted the following pledge and I await to see if it gets posted on the Council's website. It is a genuine pledge and something which could potentially help to save the council serious money. I just hope the Council are genuinely open in their response.

"I will pledge to give up 4 hours of my time every month to scrutinise and challenge all invoices over £10,000 to help the Council reduce unnecessary spending so long as five other people will make a similar time commitment to sit on the panel and that Barnet Council will genuinely participate in the process and listen to the advice and opinions given."

2 comments:

  1. count me in Johnny: funnily enough I submitted - or tried to submit - a similar pledge yesterday but there appeared to be an error on the page,which was so disapppointing, so I have been re-drafting a similar scheme for my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs Angry, I had two failed attempts to submit this pledge through the submission form. In the end I had to email it to the council. So far no pledges have materialised other than their own starter for 10. It will be interesting to see if the council publish all of the pledges submitted even if they do not take them up.

    ReplyDelete